Local Rules (Effective November 2014)
Out of Bounds: (Rule 27)
- Beyond the boundary wall of the Course or identified with white lines and stakes.
- Beyond the fence left of the tee on Hole 1 and extending to the boundary wall, defined by white stakes / lines.
- Maintenance Area, staff residence areas to the left of Holes 9, 10 and 11, right of hole 9 - defined by white stakes / lines.
- The Tea Lawn to the left of Hole18, defined by low brick wall / nylon sheet / white stakes / lines
Note: Where both white stakes and white lines are present, the stakes identify the Out of Bounds and lines define the margin.
- All barbed wire fixtures adjacent to the boundary wall are OB.
Water Hazards (Rule 26)
- Water Hazards are defined by yellow stakes / lines
- Lateral Water Hazards are defined by red stakes / lines.
Note: Where both stakes and lines are present, the stakes identify the Water Hazard / Lateral Water Hazard and the lines define the margin of the Water Hazard / Lateral Water Hazard
Ground Under Repair (Rule 25)
- All areas defined by fresh continuous white lines, including any construction / destruction area.
- Flower beds, areas of ornamental plants and young trees / saplings identified by green stakes are ground under repair from which play is prohibited. If a player's ball lies in the area, or if it interferes with the player’s stance or the area of his intended swing, the player must take relief under Rule 25-1.
Obstructions (Rule 24)
- Movable Obstructions (Rule 24-1)
Water hazard / lateral water hazard stakes
- Immovable Obstructions (Rule 24-2)
Sprinkler heads, tube wells, drainage covers, course information signs, benches, midway huts / shelters, on - course toilets, advertising boards and concrete bridges.
- Through the green, a ball embedded in its own pitch mark, may be lifted without penalty, cleaned and dropped as near as possible to where it lay but not nearer the hole.
Drop Zones – Hole 6
- For a ball entering the Water Hazard between the yellow and black poles a ball may dropped inside the drop Zone under penalty of one stroke.
Integral Parts of the Course
- All tracks, paths or service roads covered with red surkhi within the perimeter of the course are integral parts of the course and not obstructions. The ball must be played as it lies or be declared unplayable and proceed under Rule 28.